Saturday, May 29, 2010

How sad our final unit

I am being asked to re-evaluate what I wrote in unit 3 project. First is my physical in unit 3 I rated myself a 3. I am still over weight but I feel I have new avenues to turn to and after visiting with a biofeedback therapist; I feel I am on my way to changing that. So I am going to rate myself a 5 because of my positive attitude towards my goals. LOL Really I do feel like this has improved some. I have worked up to five days a week at Curves and adding a little of my own dance moves to the mix.
My spiritual - I had rated it a 5 in unit 3. I would now say that is a 7 because I have been meditating and it has really help me to get in touch with the Lord and myself.
Psychological I rated myself a 7 and I am leaving that. I still think I am sane!
I think my scores have changed because of the new things I have learned to help me be of mind, spirit, and body. I had to post questions, I kept forgetting. LOL
I have improved in my goals. I have started more exercise and I have found more time during the day to meditate and get to know more of what makes me tick.
Have you implemented the activities you chose for your well-being in each of the three areas? Explain. I have implemented some changes and because of this class I have gone to see a biofeedback therapist to see what she could tell me about what I was doing about me and she helped me to see some things. I would have never done that before this class..I would have been skeptical.

Summarize your personal experience throughout this course. Have you developed improved well-being? What has been rewarding? What has been difficult? How will this experience improve your ability to assist others?
I have enjoyed myself in this class tremendously. I didn't think it would have that much of an effect on me but it did. It has helped me to see so many avenues of my health and I am going to take advantage of each one of them.

3 comments:

  1. Laurie,

    I'm glad you feel you have reached some goals and you believe you're overall wellness to be higher. I too feel like this class has offered me tools I wouldn't have considered previously as vehicles to wellness.
    I'm curious what you thought of bio-feedback. I've seen it advertised, but I admit to being very skeptical about it's ability to incur change. Let me know about your experience if you can.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your level of confidence and strength is admirable you seem to know what you want to do and how to achieve your goals. The class has opened doors and made us all aware of the different levels of wellness. How many sessions have you done with the biofeedback therapist? I wish you all the best. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is wonderful that you were able to see a positive impact in your health from this course. This course has impacted my life and helped me to refocus on my own health. Reading my fellow classmates blogs this week has shown me that so many of us have really benefited from what we have learned. I wish you all the best,

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete