Sunday, May 2, 2010

Universal loving kindness and integral assessment

Well this has been a very trying week for me. I had to go to the doctors due to issues with my leg and I will be going Tuesday for an ultrasound to make sure I don't have a blood clot in my leg. I know I don't and will be working on the biological quadrant this week. Please keep me in your prayers. I have also been struggling with losing weight seriously since January and I am not seeing quick results there (I hate being over 40!!). So, my focus on growth and development is to not only push myself more in my physical workouts but to spend some time with my mind and spirit to help my body, if that makes any sense.
Secondly, I received some bad news from my brother yesterday; he got married to a woman that no one in the family likes. She is trashy and very unstable in her mind. So, I will be focusing on the phsychospiritual and the interpersonal quadrants as well. This is about "I," it is something I need to deal with. It is his life and he has to do what he wants and live the way he wants. He is my brother and I love him and now I have to find someway to accept her as well. This will be a difficult task for me since she has written on face book that her and her mom and dad would rather kill my brother than have him ever date her again; and now they are married!!
The exercise helped me to realize that I am a hard person when it comes to not getting what I want; in my case, not losing the weight fast enough and not wanting my brother to have anything to do with this woman. Let me just be honest, it will take many sessions of going within myself to over come these issues!!!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Mary,
    I am sorry to hear about your health issues regarding your leg and will be thinking positive thoughts your way. I'm feeling that you are a very strong and compassionate invidiual. I think your brother is lucky to have someone like you that is looking after his back. It sounds like you are on the right track toward your weight goals with the bahavior changes you are working on. Good luck and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary,

    Sorry to hear about your health. I hope everything comes out fine for you on Tuesday. You seem to be a little like me. When I want something I go after it. It gives me adrenaline.
    Good luck on Tuesday and with the family issues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laurie is what I meant in my post to you I was multi-tasking and should not have been doing that. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry about the issues you are having right now. And I hope you get through all of it alot stronger. It can be frustrating to lose weight, but don't let it get you down if you are not losing it as quickly as you would like, stress can really make it hard to lose weight so maybe focusing on stress relieving practices (i.e. meditation) can help get you back on track and perhaps its a sign from your body that it needs more attention in different areas. Continue to do what you can, since exercise may not be an option right now due to your leg, you should really focus on your nutrition. Different obstacles in life sort of have ways of teaching us new things/strengths about ourselves. I have faith you will get through this and don't let it get you down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary,

    I am sorry you have had a tough week and I pray that next week will be better for you. It sounds like the loving-kindness exercise would be a wonderful thing for you this week, especially keeping yourself and your brother in mind.

    ReplyDelete