Sunday, April 18, 2010

loving kindness track 1 & 2

Wow this exercise was very relaxing. My absolute favorite thing was hearing the waves hitting on the beach. I imagined being there and smelling the ocean air. The waves hitting on the rocks. My body ached before doing the exercise and when I was in my thoughts my ankles stopped hurting and my back didn't seem as achey.
I have to be honest, I have had company for the last three weeks and so this was the first time I had gotten to listen to the CD. I am going to practice my loving kindness in the morning. I have already scheduled it in my planner.
I have to say my experience was a peaceful calmness. I drifted from light to dark and then stayed in the dark until I could actually see myself on the beach. I don't know, my heart may not have been as opened as it should have been until I actually could see the beach. I think the exercise is beneficial to remember me. Sometimes throughout a day I forget to think of me and this would be a good time.
A mental workout is the progressive development of an expanded consciousness and its healing capacities; according to Dacher. Research shows that a person can find wholeness, happiness, and loving kindness towards self and others.

6 comments:

  1. Laurie,
    I smiled when I read your feelings regarding the beach. I'm a Calfornia transplant and I find the ocean is something I miss greatly up here in Eastern Washington. There is something calming and centering about the ocean for me. It sounds as if it has a similar effect on you.
    I'm so glad you had a great experience with this meditation. From your description it sounds as if you have really needed it- both physically and mentally! Having company for 3 weeks is enough to cause anyone to need some relaxation for awhile.
    Congratulaions on your 'baby' getting married. Have a wonderful timein Maine and see if you can visit a beach while you're there. If you make it- skip a stone for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laurie,
    I had this great feeling of warmth and calmness just reading your blog. I loved hearing the ocean and could smell it also. I had 12 patients that day and came home and thought okay I'll try this now. I totally felt awesome afterwards. I need to make a mental note every day from now on to train myself just like my physical workouts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed your blog, You made me smile. I also need that mental workout, I need a way to find relaxation especially on Mondays!I seem to stay stressed all the time. My baby is also getting married and it is coming soon April 24th!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mary congrats on the baby getting married. I don't feel so bad....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed your blog! I also loved the sound of the ocean and it left me yearning for a vacation in the very near future! I also have scheduled contemplative practice into my schedule each morning. I have begun to do so and it makes a huge difference in the flow of the day! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad you enjoyed this weeks tracks. I have never really done relaxation exercises like these so I am experiencing a lot in this course! I hope you are ready for week five... it always goes by quickly at Kaplan!

    ReplyDelete