Sunday, April 11, 2010

Unit 3 wellness

My physical well being is below average (3). I am over weight but I am taking steps to make that go away. The company I work for believes in a healthy employee and I am starting to really think about my health. I have been going to Curves at least 3 or 4 times a week and I am starting to eat right. I believe it is never too late!
My spiritual well being is intact and I would say I am average (5). I thank God every day for being alive and for all of the things I have. I have a wonderful family and a good job. I pray everyday. The one thing I do not do is go to church. I am a Catholic by birth and raised but really don't believe in all they had to say and I feel the same with the Baptist religion. I know who my maker is and where I am going and that is good enough for me.
My psychological well being; that is a tough one. I believe I am sane enough!(7) I do harbor some feelings about things that I could let go of and possibly even share.
My goals:
physical: I plan on stepping up my exercise plan and eating plan. This week I will go work out 4 times and eat less sweets.
spiritual and psychological: These will go together. I will sit for 2 times this week and try some meditation.
These goals can be achieved by me putting my mind to it and not setting myself up for failure. Push myself for that fourth workout and know what I am putting in my mouth.
The Crime of the Century exercise actually relaxed me so much; I fell asleep sitting in a chair. I will need to re-listen to it and see if I missed anything. LOL

2 comments:

  1. Laurie your post was great and very encouraging. You seem like such a positive individual. Curves is a great place to workout and I know companies more and more are becoming more health conscience for their employess. This makes since because it saves them money in the long run. I too am not a church goer. I was raised as a Southern Baptist which doesn't even come close to my beliefs. I feel that I can be outside with nature and feel more in touch also knowing who the big guy is up there. Don't we all harbor feelings? I think your idea for meditation and reflextion is a great way to go and i too hope to follow that. One of my nutrition classes had us do a profile on mypyramid.com which was a great resource of information.

    I laughed when you said you fell asleep in the chair. I was so relaxed and my cat jumped into my lap which woke me up somewhat. I have no doubt that you will reach your goals just because of your great positive attitude. Great Post! Thanks for sharing. Mona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mona,

    I have used that web site and loved it. I wish I could keep up on it daily.

    I thank you for all of your wonderful comments. I was not always so positive and I have had quite a lot of obsticles in my life. The only way I know how to get through is laughter.

    ReplyDelete